Abel Tasman and eight ukuleles
A mission of a day on the bus brought us by way
of Picton to Abel Tasman National Park. The park is named after the first European who intended to land here, rather than the first one that did. Abel Tasman only actually got as far as setting anchor off the coast...a half-arsed job if you ask me! We got a change of bus driver this day, replacing our first bus driver who did nothing but slag off Australia with a woman who called herself Princess...a little pretentious we thought but benefit of the doubt and all that! ;-)
Old MacDonald's Farm where we stayed in huts came complete with its own heard of Lamas...a s
urreal sight seeing their shadows moving about in the moonlight! I was looking forward to my BBQ dinner that night - all cooked by yours truly...and an amazing concoction of spicy sausage hot-dogs with onions, coleslaw and cheese. Yum!
Next morning I took a long walk along th
e coast through the park, checking out the remarkable beaches, coves and headlands and just generally soaking-up the sun - amazing how quickly the weather changed from Christchurch! Swimming in the sea, Kung Fu on the beach, climbing up the rocky headlands...all good fun.
That night the local pub was full to bursting with what must of been every single person within 20km! Literally no-one lives out here, but when the ukulele band comes to town, whole families are out in force bopping the night away!

I cannot remember previously seeing a ukulele band, but if I had done I'm sure these guys would have been better. Hits such as Ring My Bell and Ring of Fire filled the night and literally everyone danced the night away to the eight ukuleles and the double bass. Groovy.
A wee sample of just how they can ring your bell...
Old MacDonald's Farm where we stayed in huts came complete with its own heard of Lamas...a s
Next morning I took a long walk along th
That night the local pub was full to bursting with what must of been every single person within 20km! Literally no-one lives out here, but when the ukulele band comes to town, whole families are out in force bopping the night away!
I cannot remember previously seeing a ukulele band, but if I had done I'm sure these guys would have been better. Hits such as Ring My Bell and Ring of Fire filled the night and literally everyone danced the night away to the eight ukuleles and the double bass. Groovy.
A wee sample of just how they can ring your bell...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home