Science Museum and Club Show 5
Time to geek-it
-up! Well...after I'd spent the morning running around looking for Christmas wrapping paper (I could only find one sheet in the whole of Christmas Corner though maybe I should learn to speak Chinese a little better before complaining), wrapping presents and then finding out that sending two separate packages at the post office actually takes something like two hours, we eventually made it over to the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum. Once again this was HUGE!! Somewhat more stocked than the one we found in Chengdu that's for sure! Firstly we journeyed down into the centre of the earth in some disneyworld lifts where we bizarrely got to shoot coal with lazer-guns. I'm still not sure what the p
oint of it was, especially as you never knew whether you'd hit it or not. We also got to play at being fighter pilots in full-on rolling-pitch games machines...I got a better ranking than Martin after shooting the git down...hahaha die!!
The two of us also got to lose to computers at four-in-a-row and an archery darlek controlled by the brains of Robin
Hood. Arrow-splitting shots. There was so much in the museum it could have taken the entire day if we'd got there early enough but after playing on some tight-rope bikes (which weren't supposed to take our weight) and messing about with a few more robots we headed on home by way of New Xiang Yang Market...a colossal maze of an underground complex shrouding the ever-illusive metro station! Well it w
orked - we bought some T-Shirts before we found the train!
That night it was time to meet up with Scott and Co who we'd met back at the Great Wall for a night out in the local ex-pat bars. I still can't say I'm taken with ex-pat bars (local bars are better) but the people made it an awesome night once again. And then on the way home we tried to check out a local club and...well...it was empty! Probably something to do with the London-prices in force in Shanghai watering holes. Club Show 5 was quality fun though...good old DJ Email spinning his decks...what a name!
The two of us also got to lose to computers at four-in-a-row and an archery darlek controlled by the brains of Robin
That night it was time to meet up with Scott and Co who we'd met back at the Great Wall for a night out in the local ex-pat bars. I still can't say I'm taken with ex-pat bars (local bars are better) but the people made it an awesome night once again. And then on the way home we tried to check out a local club and...well...it was empty! Probably something to do with the London-prices in force in Shanghai watering holes. Club Show 5 was quality fun though...good old DJ Email spinning his decks...what a name!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home