Snowboarding and Airhockey
Having hit the harsh reality of work and the UK again with the onslaught of three deadlines and the airy fairy subject of IT Profession to contend with, I'm going to allow myself a little escapism this morning back to the snowboarding of last week!All-in-all I definitely didn't fit enough snowboarding in - but I definitely had enough to realise its so much better than skiing!
Well once you've got the confidence to lean downhill enough anyway! 4 hours of teaching and 7 hours of practicing later and I think I've got this nut cracked - linking up some lovely toeside and heelside manoevers quite quickly by the last day! First day at Sundance there were just two of us in a group, being taught by Sarah - aged 20 from Orem - a wee babbie! We both progressed really quickly apparently and I was feeling condfident by the end,
naturally managing to screw up my final decent of the day as I got over zealous! The second day was a personal lesson from Jamie (I think), a guy from Orem this time. He got my holding my coat whilst going down to stop the whole swimming effect which everyone else seemed to be doing! Definitely helped the whole stance thing though and I made my turns link up really well! The final day on the tutorial slopes at Snowbird improved my technique massively - whilst also trying to pose for the camera and teach Dad a few skiing tips - he decided he needed to get a bit of practice in before going back to lessons this year!
Unfortunately pics are only from the final day - so no impressive slopes - just impressive edges!!And then there was the Airhockey - my other vice during the holidays and a great source of entertainment when we had people over to visit. Check out the concentration on our faces - winning is Everything!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home