Sydney Opera House et al
So the
re it stood, miraculously hanging upside-down on the bottom of the globe. As a result the whole structure is in fact constantly trying to pull the roof back up towards the earth, else it would fall into outer space and that would be a shame. In fact the whole bay has to be covered by cling film to stop the water falling off too. Amazing the lengths the Aussies go to.
So yeh - there they are - the
Opera House and the Harbour Bridge - the two biggest man-made symbols of Australia and both spectacular and in a beautiful setting at Botany Bay. It seemed a great idea (and was) to spent the rest of the day wandering around the Botanical Gardens and the coast area to the East of the Opera House, snapping all the way, though still rather less than the flocks of Japanese tourists.

En-route back I found a swimming pool which was actually hosting a biathlon in two-days time which was open to anyone to turn up on the day. It crossed my mind to enter...and then it crossed my mind that I hadn't really done a whole lot of sport since, well, ages and might die trying to win it as I inevitably would
try to do.
Checked-out the cathedral on the way back which was actually surprisingly old-looking...I guess they'd worked hard on that! ;-)
So yeh - there they are - the
En-route back I found a swimming pool which was actually hosting a biathlon in two-days time which was open to anyone to turn up on the day. It crossed my mind to enter...and then it crossed my mind that I hadn't really done a whole lot of sport since, well, ages and might die trying to win it as I inevitably would
Checked-out the cathedral on the way back which was actually surprisingly old-looking...I guess they'd worked hard on that! ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home