Ted's Tour Day 2 - A Day of Firsts!
So day two of the tour and thi
s time we found some piggies. We'd set out all clinging to the edge of the hunting wagon and with dogs with the most massive heads you've ever seen in your life tethered down or in the cage. Rounding a corner we found one group of pigs, at which point the dogs were released and the charged and chased them right across the open ground. Unfortunately they went for the little ones, but we were after somethin
g larger. Even so one of the dogs had a little pig by the nose, which Ted wrestled from him and threw in the cage.
After some more fruitless driving we couldn't find the rest of the pack which we'd run into so we went for a walk in the woods. The
dogs began to pull really quite hard, so Ted let them off the leads. With the tracker dog at the head of them they shot off into the woods. A few minutes later and we could hear the screaming of a pig in the distance, at which point we all went barrelling through the woods to find it. It was bloody huge and the dogs wouldn't let go. It took both Joe and me pulling really hard to yank Biggie off the Pig, whilst our vegetarian expert pig-slayer wrestled the pig to the ground. The rest of it took place as per the video. The filming was a bit shaky due mainly to a massive dog doing his best to pull me off my feet so he can get to the pig!
And then the next stage is gutting it...
The second pig was gutted on the back of the van with one of the eager dogs below licking catching every drop of blood he could as it fell. Tasty. And so on with the day of firsts. I got to see a skinned kangaroo...and got shown just how strong the sinew in its tail is and how it can be turned into makeshift string. Next up it was sheep-sheering time! Joe had the dubious honour of being Ted's sheep-catching guinea pig with hilarious results...the funny prick (Ted's nickname for him) got taken for a walk whilst he grappled with handfuls of wool!

I concluded that I should show less mercy when clipping sheep...shaving too far from the skin isn't really what you want to do but at the time I was thinking that if I used a pair of clippers like that to shave my head it'd really fekking hurt if they cut my skin! After Ted having given us instruction how to catch sheep I found that I was actually rather good at that...must be the Welsh blood!
Oh yes...and then what did we do...added another gun to the list of weapons I've shot...I now have AK47 and M16 from Cambodia and now a shotgun in Australia! A did I hit the beer can - hell yeh! Shame I kind of forgot to hold onto the shaft of the gun, though Martin had a much firmer grip on his...tell-tale signs eh...
Next stop for a scra
mble up the rocky outcrops of a big hill nearby. Fun little climb and great views from the top. Apparently one American woman had threatened to sue Ted when he took her up those rocks as she was sure she'd fall and break her neck! Outch.
That evening we ended up in a right-little-local place with people who spoke English, but could we understand th
em? Could we bollocks! It was a slurred shouty language they used to start with , and then they drank a lot and wow the result was making up the majority of our small part of the nearmost one-way conversation with punctuations such as "you-what?" and "the kangaroo stuck his what in your pet kuala?". One of the guys had actually won the outback dirt-biking championships which was pretty hardcore so he definitely deserved mucho respect.
After some more fruitless driving we couldn't find the rest of the pack which we'd run into so we went for a walk in the woods. The
And then the next stage is gutting it...
I concluded that I should show less mercy when clipping sheep...shaving too far from the skin isn't really what you want to do but at the time I was thinking that if I used a pair of clippers like that to shave my head it'd really fekking hurt if they cut my skin! After Ted having given us instruction how to catch sheep I found that I was actually rather good at that...must be the Welsh blood!
Oh yes...and then what did we do...added another gun to the list of weapons I've shot...I now have AK47 and M16 from Cambodia and now a shotgun in Australia! A did I hit the beer can - hell yeh! Shame I kind of forgot to hold onto the shaft of the gun, though Martin had a much firmer grip on his...tell-tale signs eh...
Next stop for a scra
That evening we ended up in a right-little-local place with people who spoke English, but could we understand th

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home